After making a huge roast dinner last night I thought this dessert would be a light accompaniment to the hearty prelude. Not only was it delicious but I like the rustic look of a simple puff pastry with fruit and almonds. You could also modify later in summer and use peaches or apples with cinnamon. To have the tart warm and fresh out of the oven, I popped it in while dinner started and served later with vanilla ice cream. It was a definite crowd pleaser and so easy to make!
Blueberry Almond Tart (Serves 6)
Pre-heat the oven to 425
- 1/2 package puff pastry
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2.5 cups fresh blueberries
- Roll out the puff pastry in a 12 x 12 inch square and build a 1/2 inch lip around the edge, transfer to parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Combine almonds, 1/4 cup sugar and flour into a bowl and spread evenly over pastry.
- Spread 2 cups of blueberries evenly over the almond mixture and sprinkle remainder of sugar over the tart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden around the edges.
- Add remainder of uncooked blueberries to the tart and drizzle with condensed milk.
- Serve and Enjoy!