As part two of my Homemade Bailey’s, I feel I have to share my truffle recipe. Most people steer away from truffles under the pretense that they can be “finicky” and I assure you some of the recipes can. I found a chocolate chip cream cheese recipe last year though that guaranteed is low maintenance to make while still giving satisfaction of creating a pretty holiday treat.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Truffles
- 1 cup- Chocolate Chips (Can use Semi-Sweet or Dark)
- 1 pkg- Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup- Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup-Graham Crumbs
- 1 tsp- Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Espresso Powder, Colored Sprinkles and Shredded Coconut
- Put 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a double boiler (improvise if you don’t have one) and melt on low heat.
- Mix cream cheese with an electric blender until smooth, add icing sugar, graham crumbs, vanilla, salt and other 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Add melted chocolate and blend until even. Place in freezer for 15 min or until firm.
- Roll into bite size balls and coat in espresso powder, sprinkles and coconut to get a good variety.
- Package and give out for all to enjoy!
After making them, I put together some great boxes I found from Martha Stewart Living which polishes the look off and makes a great handmade gift to give. My only problem is the demand is getting larger than my output so for those who don’t receive any this year, sorry!