Since I am on a cooking strike this week, I figured a drink recipe would be a nice change. I am counting down the days until Hawaii and a friend who is currently there keeps taunting me with photos and regaling the daily weather forecast. She told me about a pineapple martini she found that she fell in love with as it doesn’t have the sugar bomb quality of the Mai Tai. The recipe takes at least a day of prep work so if you wanted to try it this weekend, you need to get started tonight. It’s very simple- You need a fresh pineapple, Bottle of Malibu Rum and Bottle of Vanilla Vodka.
- Chop up a fresh pineapple and mix with Malibu rum in a glass container (preferably the whole bottle)
- Let Pineapple and Rum infuse for at least a day
- Put Vanilla Vodka in freezer well before mixing drinks
- Mix 2 parts rum with 1 part vodka in a shaker and pour into martini glass
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and enjoy!